This site has been retained online purely as an archive of the projects undertaken during whilst Tesseract Research Laboratories were active (1997 - 2004). It does not necessarily reflect the current views or activities of its authors. For more information please see our FAQ.
- Improvisational image performance techniques: for the maximum realtime control
over images and visual streams, leading toward temporal manipulation of themes
- Illumination: from the medieval illustrations of manuscripts to enlighten
the spirit, to technologies that bring both light and meaning to minds in
dark places and times.
- Live performance: exploring the role of technologist as performer; audience
and performer interactivity; interaction design; information and experience
- New Technologies: Highest quality live improvisational video / media tools;
Interactive programs for live video performance; Multi-stream processes.
- Old Technologies: Panasonic MX12 mixer modification; QUILT matrix switching.
- Information overload: Filtering processes in individuals and societies.
Tesseract Research Laboratories: always seeking better answers